Um... Probably NOT a good thing...

I initially clean mine with solvent (it cuts the dirt/grease in seconds). Then I clean them with a few cycles in water + dishwashing soap and then dry them thoroughly before they're oiled. After thoroughly working the oil in and sqeezing out as much oil as I can, I then I place them in plastic ziplock bags and let them hang for a few days so the excess oil runs to the bottom pocket of the bag. After draining out the accumulated oil, they're ready for use. I typically do ~12 to ~18 air filters at a time.

Some folks really like the No-Toil system because its quick, easy and works relatively well, but I'm sticking to my more labor intensive process because it works very well for me and my particle count and wear numbers from my oil analysis are very low.

with all do respect for Sr. Qadson,

I have recently gone over to the No Toil system.

Its AWESOME.

Once you go No Toil you wont go back...

Dont believe me?

Honda just signed a licnesing agreement with No Toil and now all Honda dealers are carrying No Toil alongside the Hondaline stuff....

Dont believe me?

I believe you, but I already have a ton of Uni filters, lots of home brew filter oil, probably 25 gallons of solvent left, etc. The last time I tested a No Toil filter and their oil was a few years back and my wear numbers & particle counts were significantly higher. The oil in the filter would always thin out after a short while and plenty would drip out the airbox cover onto my garage floor if my bike sat idle for a while and that's without over oiling the filter. I don't get a single drip from my home brew and my wear numbers & particle counts from the lab are very low. Things may have improved with No Toil, but I know that what I have works very well. When my Uni's wear out or get damaged, I may try a No Toil product again, but it will be a while.

If anyone has evidence for an opinion, it's you, Oh Great One! Thanks, sincerely for all your analysis & information here. We'd all be pretty much stumbling around in the dark without all the testing & info you share.

I think No-Toil must've re-formulated their oil since you tested it, though. I've never had a drip in my airbox, & after about 5 minutes this stuff gets really tacky. I think it's thinned with alcohol that evaporates pretty quickly. Their filters aren't so hot, but the oil & cleaner are fantastic. I've had filters so dirty with fine, silty dust that the bike wouldn't run (KX500 in the Vegas-to-Reno), but the inside was still absolutely clean. Before I put in the newly-cleaned filter, I always spray the inside of the airbox with WD-40; I wipe it out with a white rag or a paper towel when I take the dirty filter out, just to check if any dirt's getting through the filter. Have never had a problem since using NoToil.

Clean up is super-easy; only bad thing is you have to make sure the filter is absolutely dry before you oil it. Just my $.02

Are you guys just using soap and water, or solvents?

solvent ? rinse with water a couple times :devil:

funny i just pulled the cover off mine last night and said the same thing :awww:

fly - are you comming with us on sat?

funny i just pulled the cover off mine last night and said the same thing :awww:

JWS, you taking your piggy up to Rowher or are you bringing a lighter bike?

funny i just pulled the cover off mine last night and said the same thing?

I REALLY wanted to.. But GPR STILL hasnt even SHIPPED my order... So my bike is sitting apart... :awww::D

But GPR STILL hasnt even SHIPPED my order

I'm in the same boat. GPR said they had five CR250 V2 dampers in stock when I ordered mine and that it would ship out immediately without any issues. A few weeks went by and I called again only to find out it wasn't in stock ?. Then I was told they were being machined as I speak and mine was nearly done and would be the first one they ship. That was about a week ago...tick...tick...tick :devil:

But GPR STILL hasnt even SHIPPED my order

I'm in the same boat. GPR said they had five CR250 V2 dampers in stock when I ordered mine and that it would ship out immediately without any issues. A few weeks went by and I called again only to find out it wasn't in stock ?. Then I was told they were being machined as I speak and mine was nearly done and would be the first one they ship. That was about a week ago...tick...tick...tick :D

Not the news I wanted to hear. I ordered through TT, and am ALMOST to the point that I want to cancel it!!! GPR had told Brian that it WAS in stock...?:D:devil::awww:?:D

not to flog a dead horse, but...

None No Toil riders -- its worth pointing out No Toil is a 'system' -- that is they have a biodegradable water based cleaning agent that ya just flush down the toilet or down the drain--making clean up a breeze--i wash my filters in the kitchen sink when 'she' isnt looking...

Both Rob Barnum and I have used the various aftermarket filters and foudn the No Toil significantly breathes better. Rob thinks it might contribute 1/2 to 1 horsepower over other filters. I've never had oil drip issues. Plus the 'system' has a very good rim grease. 6' Under fans--its only for motorcycles...any way just FYI the No Toil is awesome--the filters have survived the V2Reno alkali talc and the San Ignacio silt beds of Baja...its a great product and given the fact the world is about to end, its nice to be using a biodegradable product.

Hey No Toil--you out there? Can i have some free filters?

?

i wash my filters in the kitchen sink when 'she' isnt looking...

I gotcha beat here! I wash my solvent smelling filters in our kitchen sink along with our dirty sidecovers and various other parts with my wife looking ?

I don't think there's much difference in HP numbers between most air filters. Ususally, the better it breathes, the more dirt it lets through based on the air filter testing I've done in the past concerning automobiles. There's a direct relationship between air flow and how much dirt a 'well designed' air filter can hold / pass. Oil analysis with particle count from a lab will provide valuable real world application specific data to work with concerning the wear inside of your engine.

hmmmm---she's watching while you are washing the solvent off the air filters inthe kichen sink---hmmm, that IS tuff to beat...unless of course you could get her to wash the airfilters in the sink...that would REALLY be something...i am going to have to think about that one...tuff.

Hey whats up with the gasket Sr Qadsan!? Shocking....

unless of course you could get her to wash the airfilters in the sink...that would REALLY be something...

I'm still working on that :devil: She can now cut, prep and solder copper pipes, change oil on our vehicles, rides a dirt bike, likes firearms and is a darn good shot, knows how to install roofing materials, etc. It's taken years of training ?

Hey whats up with the gasket Sr Qadsan!? Shocking....

Today I was pounding stakes into the ground, cutting wood, scraping paint from a building, etc. My brain is :awww:? I need a beer :D