Motard Suspension

Hi, just new to this forum, not too sure what I am doing. I've got an XR650 that I want to use for Motarding, its got 17" rims etc, suspension is standard, just wondering if anyone has got any set up tips for the suspension??? (I'm about 85kgs)

How the hell heavy is 85kgs??? haha

any way stock works fine for most stuff, just ride it youll like it, you may fing you want to add more commpression damping to both ends, so just ride and adjust that where you feel comfortable.

Im a heavy bastard 250#+ so i had to go with heavier springs but still never has to revalve anything.

any way stock works fine for most stuff, just ride it youll like it, you may fing you want to add more commpression damping to both ends, so just ride and adjust that where you feel comfortable.

Im a heavy bastard 250#+ so i had to go with heavier springs but still never has to revalve anything.

Agreed!!....at that weight stock will be fine....

For mine i dropped the forks through the yokes about 5mm and wound the compression right up both ends and it is still too soft for me(250+ lbs)...

Remember if you want true SM suspension IIRC the forks are shortened(same as dropping the forks through the yokes) and stiffened and the rear is dropped....

85kgs is 187punds for you americans :thumbsup: