HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
InChanWeTrust

uni filter Q

9 posts in this topic

Just got a uni filter for the pig. Do I remove the stock screen and replace with uni filter and filter frame or put uni over stock screen. Sorry for the dumb Q.

Chan

I left the screen out of mine.....

The uni has the aluminum frame and dos'nt need the screen imo :thumbsup:

I agree. I have been running my UNI without the screen for 3 years now without any problems. :thumbsup:

I agree. I have been running my UNI without the screen for 3 years now without any problems. :thumbsup:

Ditto...the only time I see my frame being a downfall when compared to the screen is when my pig farts back through the carb. Makes for a crispy filter.

No back fire screen here ether :thumbsup:

I don't run the back fire screen either.

...Makes for a crispy filter.

I went back to the stock filter and screen 'cuz I figured that crispy Uni wasn't breathing too well. Right ?

Actually it might be breathing to well. When mine backfired it burnt alot of the yellow foam on the filter. The top red foam on the uni allows for better breathing while the second stage(yellow) does most of the filtering. I just bought 3 new ones and tossed the junks.