HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Eric_F

Synthetic Oil

5 posts in this topic

Has anyone tried using sythetic oil in their WR's? I was wondering if it would be okay to use the Mobil 1 with the red cap. It is labeled as 15W-50.

That's what my dealer reccommended using after breakin and I'll be using it. I think the only issue is price but the quality is worth it I think. :thumbsup:

I always use synthetic, the bike revs, overheats..

ELF is the brand ELFMOTO4XTTECH.jpg , 10W-50, pretty sizy temp. range, lasts about 700 miles

I have seen the oil analysis of Mobil 1 15w-50. It has molybdenum in the additive package. Moly can cause your clutch to slip. Go to your local truck stop and buy Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic. No Moly and is formulated with a good buffer package to neutralize combustion acids. Most other diesel oils are also safe. Shell rotella 5w-40 is a lower class synthetic ($12.80 / gallon at walmart) that is safe and popular as well.