Plastic Stress Marks

You know those white marks that appear when plastic has been stressed? My WR426 came with a couple on the front left near the radiator. Is there a surefire way to be rid of them short of buying new plastic for your bike?

Thanks,

Eric

Here in the UK you can get a "Plastic RE NEW Kit" that polishes scuffs and scrapes out. I know it works ok, and you get a sheen back on the surface, but I am not too sure if it will bring the colour back, probly not.

Over here, even genuine plastics are cheap, like £12 for a rear fender. Otherwise a nice sticker kit may cover em?

A heat gun works very well at bringing the color back. Be careful, though, because there's a very fine line between bringing the color back and the melting point of the plastic. I usually start on the back/under side in case I get a little carried away... ?

A heat gun works very well at bringing the color back. Be careful, though, because there's a very fine line between bringing the color back and the melting point of the plastic. I usually start on the back/under side in case I get a little carried away... :devil:

That's good advice. I've also heard that a hair dryer will work ok

too and not melt the plastic. ?

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...