HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thedefboy

honda hop up kit ( ok for baja ? )

6 posts in this topic

i am thinking about installing the HRC hop up kit . and i am not sure i can run pemex wile in baja ? i have run my xr650r in baja earlier with stock stuff and it ran great .

i already had this kit and would like to use it if i can or i will have to sell it :thumbsup: is there a way to use this in baja or not any help would be great thanks.

Even at 11:1 guys dont have pinging problems down there- you will be ok...the bigger cam really does offset the compression issue...just try to use 93 octane pemex premium--its the Red Pump.

Even at 11:1 guys dont have pinging problems down there- you will be ok...the bigger cam really does offset the compression issue...just try to use 93 octane pemex premium--its the Red Pump.

My new motor (11:1) has been pinging :devil: I went to half race gas (110 octain) and 91 for now. It might have been old gas from sitting so long :thumbsup: I'll try 91 again and see if it was the gas getting old.

as u may know gas is a hit or miss proposition .IF YOU EVEN GET GAS .i put 2700 miles on this bike in march of this year and even servived a head on colision with a drunk driver just outside gonzaga bay .i can not find a low compression piston with valve clearance for the HRC cam ?

i would love to use the HRC cam if i could find the rite piston .i tryed wisco and no luck any help would be cool .