Need to find the loudest PIPE!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nononono.. you all have it wrong.. Get the Dr. D pipe, its quiet and sound sweet at idle, but can be very loud and aggresive at high RPM. Its not about the loudness, its how cool it sounds, and trust me, 700 bucks for Dr.D with the BEST sounding bike out there is well worth it ?

if you take the packing out, drill holes or anything like that it will be loud alright and sound like [@#$%&*!] [@#$%&*!]. all the packing was gone out of my stocker and the rivets stared coming out. i never knew how bad it sounded till i let a buddy ride it, holy [@#$%&*!] i was embaressed to even ride it. after that i barely even rode it till i got a new TA. thats definately a sweet pipe. kinda loud when you start it and everyone that heard it at the track compared the loudness to an airplane taking off. i don't let anyone ride my bike anymore so i don't really know what it sounds like from a spectators point of view but the replys are real good.

Why don't you just put a few baseball cards in your spokes? It'll sound real neato and you'll think you're faster. I would recommend that all you loud pipe lovers join the Blue Ribbon Coalition so you can learn how your childish lust for volume is closing riding areas.

By they way, I have a stock 02 426 with the PMB endcap. 96db and no noticable loss in power. It seems a small price to pay to get to ride in huge state parks for $4.

would recommend that all you loud pipe lovers join the Blue Ribbon Coalition so you can learn how your childish lust for volume is closing riding areas.

I would love for you to show me some proof of it closing riding areas. It doesn't!!!!

I find it very interesting that the YZ guys are actually giving real answers to the question. If you posted this question in the CRF forum, you would catch hell from everyone and their brother on how loud pipes close parks and get you in trouble everywhere. I for one like a loud, healthy sounding exhaust on my bikes and although I do agree with creating a happy medium between OHV'ers and campers, bikers, hikers, etc, I don't like it when someone asks a legitimate question and they get all these answers about how stupid they are for having a loud pipe on their bike. Do you realize that some states don't give a $hit and if you are on your own 500 acre piece of land, who cares if you are out by yourself and your exhaust is 120db :devil: All I am saying is don't give someone so much crap about their exhaust if you don't know where and how they ride ?

I would love for you to show me some proof of it closing riding areas. It doesn't!!!!

WRONG!!!

What kind of proof do you need? Do you think it makes front page news when a small private track/riding area gets closed due to neighbors crying about hearing the noise from MILES away?

You can run whatever pipe you like, but to say that noise isn't a big issue is just plain incorrect.

It Does!!!!

A track in Wyoming was recently shut down from noise complaints. Waushugal Washington National track was nearly shut down and just avoided a very costly lawsuit - all due to noise (according to RacerX web site). It is always an issue for practice tracks and real tracks alike. There is a very well known track in California that does not allow YZ for strokes at all because of noise (and thats stock! somehow I don't see a CRF being a whole lot quieter.)

It doesn't have to be loud to go fast. ?