HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
simch

God that's noisy!! Akropavich can!

12 posts in this topic

I have just fitted a titanium Akropavich can to my WR450 04!

Gees,I reckon it will wake the dead now! Its soooo noisy on idel, it does quieten up a bit on the cruise, but crack the throttle and it's just mental noise!!

Anyone else running one?

I don't have one but I definitely want one. I have one on my YZF-R1. Have you noticed a big difference?

Only just been out round the town on it, so cannot really say. Its definately noisy, I tweaked the jetting on the old can at the weekend and may need to do so again with this one.

Its well made, much thicker titanium that the road akras, (which I have on my Mile Edwards Rep!)

yup, signed by the mn himself too!! Nice road and track bike, far more capable than I am!

how much did you pay for akrapovic ; and wich system do you have, racing, evolution , slip on..

it is produced in my country about 25 miles from my home, but the ful evo. line still costs 1000$, way too much

Its the racing can only, not the header pipe, I left that stock.

Akra do some VERY high quality stuff. I would go and get one and ask for a "locals discount".

Its very trick for an off road bike.

Hi,

I also have a akra can on my R1 and it is well cool and quiet to for a race can not for road use. My WR400 has a standard can on with no baffles in and is way to loud! When I start it the windows in the house shake :devil: I dont think I will be getting a Akra for my WR then :thumbsup:, does any one know of a good quiet can for a WR? The FMF range are ment to be ok?

Andy

Yep, CRD do some quietish ally enduro cans, rated at 92db. Try racespec in Ledbury, Herefordshire(?) and on the web.

I have the slip-on version and it comes with a little alu orifice bolt on at the end, and with it it is much-much more quiter that without it! However on my one day rides I remove it as I enjoy the fat sound of my WR. On longer rides I use it as it too noisy without it.

I have just fitted a titanium Akropavich can to my WR450 04! Gees,I reckon it will wake the dead now!

Its soooo noisy on idel, it does quieten up a bit on the cruise, but crack the throttle and it's just mental noise!!

Anyone else running one?

Sure as hell hope there's not too many who are dumb enough to run one. :thumbsup::devil::awww:

???!!.....??

:thumbsup:

I'm sure pure off road users (ie non "road legal" bikes) will be ok with it. It seems to have quietened a little but it is probably just I am getting used to it.

I cannot fault it for quality though, the welds are top notch and material's finish is flawless.

They do a good job over there in Eastern Europe, 5 Valve! It was £300 in the UK with a discount, (approx Euro 500)!