HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pengaleng

Yoshimura pipe for XR650L

4 posts in this topic

What truth is there to this post? Will the XR600 pipe fit a 1999 XR650L and are these pipes hard to come by?

Also, what pipe options are available for a XR650L and what would you recommend?

Original POST below:

Buckarmadillo

TT Member

Reged: 04/12/04

Loc: Wastelands of NM

Re: 650l and r exhuast [Re: StreetThumper650]

#1267256 - 08/04/04 05:30 PM Reply Quote

Run to the store and beg them to sell you the Yoshimura system for an XR600! It works well, adjusts sound level in under a minute with the TEC inserts, looks sweet, and fits nicely.

Hurry since Yoshimura isn't listing it for sale anymore!

Yes the Xr600 pipe will fit the XR650L. The Cobra exhaust I used to run was for a XR600 because they did not list the XR650L. The frame is the same as the 600. The only thing to watch is the exit of the exhaust. When I bought my bike it had an FMF Mega Max II system. The tuning disc allowed exhaust to hit the turn signal and melted it. Other than that fit was exact. I have seen all brands on the "L". It is getting to find one for the XR600, since Honda does not make them anymore, some companies are dropping the listing.

I had to call and get a part # for my FMF power core 4 "Q" pipe because it was not in the catalog. Good luck.

Ray

Hey Buck is the man....he speaks the ZRX bros truth!

Go for it, you can't beat Pop's Yoshi pipes. I am sure Buck can shoot you a foto or two. :thumbsup:

I have a Pro-Cicuit T-4 on my '03 XRL(the older style)It was listed for both bikes (XRL/XR600).Bolted right on but i did have to use the rear turnsignal mount for the pipe and the t/s.Much lighter than stock and way faster( and LOUDER) :thumbsup: