HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JMC

really stupid tire ?

7 posts in this topic

Hey looking at a xr600 96-98 to buy. Thought I was smart holding onto a great 17" tire off a klr (big street legal knobbie) to use if the bike I found needed a new one. Question- Those years use a 18" don't they? Yes it has been that long since I had a Honda fourstroke.

Hey looking at a xr600 96-98 to buy. Thought I was smart holding onto a great 17" tire off a klr (big street legal knobbie) to use if the bike I found needed a new one. Question- Those years use a 18" don't they? Yes it has been that long since I had a Honda fourstroke.

I had a 87XR600 with the 17" tire. When I sold it I kept a brand new rear Chin 17" tire with the sticker still on it. Not an expensive tire but brand new none the less. I've had it for over 4 years unable to find a use for it. I told the guy who bought my XR600 he could have it for 20 dollars but he never showed up. Hmmmmmmm, I think this tire size has gone the way of the dinosaur, it's extinct.

If I cut it up I may find a use for it. Make some kind of guard out of it or maybe a pair of sandals. :thumbsup:

600 and not the 650? COST.

17" fits the klr 650 (for now).

I know the 17 was a crazy size but I was not sure when honda quite using it. Thanks.