really stupid tire ?

Hey looking at a xr600 96-98 to buy. Thought I was smart holding onto a great 17" tire off a klr (big street legal knobbie) to use if the bike I found needed a new one. Question- Those years use a 18" don't they? Yes it has been that long since I had a Honda fourstroke.

si mon, jefe.

Why the 600 and not the 650???

I think if you buy a VOR the 17 inch tire will fit...

The 1987 was the last year XR600R that used a 17.My '88 XR600R had a 18" rear hoop. :thumbsup:

Hey looking at a xr600 96-98 to buy. Thought I was smart holding onto a great 17" tire off a klr (big street legal knobbie) to use if the bike I found needed a new one. Question- Those years use a 18" don't they? Yes it has been that long since I had a Honda fourstroke.

I had a 87XR600 with the 17" tire. When I sold it I kept a brand new rear Chin 17" tire with the sticker still on it. Not an expensive tire but brand new none the less. I've had it for over 4 years unable to find a use for it. I told the guy who bought my XR600 he could have it for 20 dollars but he never showed up. Hmmmmmmm, I think this tire size has gone the way of the dinosaur, it's extinct.

If I cut it up I may find a use for it. Make some kind of guard out of it or maybe a pair of sandals. :thumbsup:

600 and not the 650? COST.

17" fits the klr 650 (for now).

I know the 17 was a crazy size but I was not sure when honda quite using it. Thanks.