HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
john_pearce

Y2K WR400 THROTTLE STOP EURO SPEC

4 posts in this topic

HI ALL

SORRY FOR POSTING ON THIS FREQUENT TOPIC ,

BUT ON MY EURO SPEC Y2K WR400 THE THROTTLE

ONLY TURNS A 1/4 TURN . I REMOVED THE THROTTLE STOP SCREW ( THE UPRIGHT ONE AT THE REAR OF THE CARB LOCTITED IN ), BUT IT DIDN'T

MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE ,THE THROTTLE STILL ONLY TURNS 1/4 TURN . CAN ANYONE ADVISE IF THE EURO SCREW IS ALREADY TO THE REQUIRED LENGTH AND THEREFORE DOES NOT REQUIRING TRIMMING. THE TOTAL LENGTH OF THE SCREW INCLUDING THE HEAD IS 23MM ,OR 17MM WITHOUT THE HEAD .I'VE PUT IT BACK IN AND THOUGHT I'D BETTER SEEK SOME GUIDANCE.

YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED AS A BIT CONFUSED.

JOHN

PORTSMOUTH ENGLAND

Hi John,

I dont know if i can help you here, but maybe.

My mate has a 99 model WR, and his throttle stop was a kind of sleeved pin which was loctited over the end of the throttle stop screw, I just pulled and twisted it off with pliers. My 01 WR however didnt have a throttle stop at all. I'm not so sure what the score is on the 00 model, but surely it should be obvious exactly what is reducing your throttle movement when you look at the side of the carb? The easiest thing to do is to take off the carb and reduce the length of the stop until you can see that the throttle slide moves up enough to give full throttle.

good luck

Del

HI

DEREK / DAVID

I MANAGED TO TAKE THE RUBBER INTAKE OFF FROM

THE BACK OF THE CARB , AND NOTICED THAT ALTHOUGH YOU ONLY TWIST THE THROTTLE BACK 1/4

TURN THE THROTTLE SLIDE ACTUALLY GOES ALL

THE WAY UP . SO THERE WE ARE SORTED , THE

EURO BIKES HAVE THE YZ T/STOP .

I WASN'T REALLY LOOKING FOR EXTRA POWER

JUST CURIOUS WHAT THE SCORE WAS ( you know

what its like tinkering in the garage ).

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP LADS

JOHN

P.S. DEREK , HAD A LOOK AT F/EDDY RESULTS

WHAT WENT WRONG (CAN'T BE THE BIKE ) ?