HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
al600

1987 xr600 bog

4 posts in this topic

I recently purchased a 1987 xr600 for $600. It needs a little cosmetic work but doesnt run too bad. ONe problem I noticed was it has a slight hesitation when you snap the throttle. It has a K&N filter with supertrapp exhaust. Could this be a jetting problem? Any suggestions on where I should start first? Thanks.

Is the 87' a single carb or a dual carb? If it is a single carb the problem is common to the beast. The carb has a slide that uses engine vaccum to open it. If you remove the slide and drill the outside 2 holes to 5/32nds and shim the slide needle to .28 to .32 this will help greatly. Worked wonders on my XR650L. There are pictures of this procedure at a site I use www.xrlug@yahoogroups.com in the photos section. Good luck.

Ray

Yep and the bog is a feature. Just dont whack the throttle open like that and it wont do it. I very rarely find the bog when I'm riding.