HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brian_in_Long_Beach

Jetting for Reno 200 - Monty?

11 posts in this topic

Brian,

Thought I'd lend a hand here, you'll need to be leaner :)

Bill :D

Sorry couldn't resist

------------------

99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards , Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, EKP, 48PJ, 175MJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

Oh, great one - how do you know what altitude I am currently jetted for? Can you also tell me the winning numbers for the lottery :)

Brian

I need the lottery no# also-----Hay Brain hows it going,jetting at boomtown and tahoe I just run stock WR jetting my bike is all stock on the exhaust end and air box the only jet I chaaaanged was the polit 1 size up from stock not much help, but I don't find a need for jetting if you don;t have any trouble with what you got.

monty

No problem with the name - lots of people do that. I just assumed they were paying me a compliment :)

I'm running a 48 PJ, DTM needle & 172 MJ (I think - can't remember). I'll bring the assortment of carb parts just in case....

Brian

Brian the P/J sound good the main my be rich you will be alt, from 4000 to 6ooo ft. do you stock exhaust and air box lid on?

monty

Monty,

I think you & I are pretty close engine mod wise - no air box lid & stock exhaust with Thumper Tip/TTR tip. I haven't messed with the jetting in so long I don't really remember what the MJ is. I've ridden the bike with current jetting w/o any fouling up ~8k - Alamo Mtn (Gorman) & I don't have any problems at Middle Creek. I'll probably be fine but will bring the jets with me.

See you next weekend,

Brian

Hey Brian, have you decided on the 6 Days of NorCal ride yet? I saw you listed as a 'If Kitchen Pass Permits' participant :), so what's the status??

Hope to see you there...

Cueball,

I'm not going to be able to do the 6 Days - just couldn't make it work out with the vacation days & the whole family (parents/grandmas/sister w/BIL & 3 kids) is converging on my house July 6 - July 9.

Maybe next year.....

Brian