WR450F or CRF250X?

Title says it all. 6'1" 230 lbs. Was thinking of the X until the 450X comes out (if it does) and then giving the 250 to my son. He's 15 and now riding a CRF230. Have always been a Honda guy. Have gotten prices of $5,199 for the 250X and $5,899 for the 450F (04). :thumbsup:

Title says it all. 6'1" 230 lbs. Was thinking of the X until the 450X comes out (if it does) and then giving the 250 to my son. He's 15 and now riding a CRF230. Have always been a Honda guy. Have gotten prices of $5,199 for the 250X and $5,899 for the 450F (04). :thumbsup:

Would you like an apple or an orange? :devil:

For your size/weight the WR is going to be a better bike.

While the Hondas are great bikes a significant number of the 250 and 450's have been plagued with valve issues and after three years of production the problems continue. Honda seems unwilling to address the problem. Quite frankly right now the Yamahas appear to be the more reliable of the two. That being said for your weight I think you'd be happier on a 450. Take a look at this thread:

crf250 forum

If you think you'll be happy with an underpowered bike for your size/weight, go with the X. If you want something that will have power to spare, go with the WR450.

I'm 6'2", 225lbs and I've ridden my buddies piped CRF250X...nice bike but WAY underpowered.

Thanks guys,

Got the 450!

foget the Honda's the S's and the K's Yamaha is the only way to go :thumbsup:

I would imagine at your weight that you would be running that little crf250x engine pretty hard. I think that would lead to accelerated valve problems.