BK Carb Mod!

Can I send my Carb to some one to do this MOD?

I do not want to do it my self...Please let me know if you can do this for me and how much...thanxs!

-Paul :thumbsup:

Why do you not want to do it?

There are a few guys in Florida who may want to help Florida426 is one, he floats around from time to time on the forum, send him a PM otherwise it is a very easy mod to do.....

Have you down loaded these instructs

GBmod Made easy

OMG I was just looking @ my carb "Still off my bike" I dont even have the 426 Carb...I think I have the YZ400 Carb.. :devil::thumbsup:

You cant even work on a carb but can distinguish the differences?!?! :thumbsup: Do the BK mod yourself...its so easy, im sure a 7 year old could do it.

How did you come to the conclusion that you have a 400 carb on your 426? What do you think is the difference between the carbs? I guess you didn't know that the 400 and 426 both share the same 39mm Keihin carb.

How did you come to the conclusion that you have a 400 carb on your 426? What do you think is the difference between the carbs? I guess you didn't know that the 400 and 426 both share the same 39mm Keihin carb.

Well I have a 01 426 bike and a 01 426F Quad...the carb I'm Showing you is from my quad...theres no Hot Start on my carb...the hot start is on the intake Plenum b4 the carb boot...like the 400 has...

Plastics 006.jpg

Plastics 007.jpg

Plastics 008.jpg:thumbsup::devil:

From the pics, i see a FCR 1 carb that would be found on 98-99 YZ/WR400F. 2000 onwards comes with FCR 2nd generation carbs where it is revised yearly. Most obvious difference between fcr1 and fcr2 carbs would be the accelerator pump on the fcr1 is exposed and on the fcr2 it is within the carb body. The accelerator pump is found on the bottom of the carb body with a rod. Your last pic has the accelerator pump on close up.

From the pics, i see a FCR 1 carb that would be found on 98-99 YZ/WR400F. 2000 onwards comes with FCR 2nd generation carbs where it is revised yearly. Most obvious difference between fcr1 and fcr2 carbs would be the accelerator pump on the fcr1 is exposed and on the fcr2 it is within the carb body. The accelerator pump is found on the bottom of the carb body with a rod. Your last pic has the accelerator pump on close up.

Ditto

The only mod you can do for this carb is the P-38 accelerator pump

Ditto

NOt exactly. You dont do the BK mod, you do the TAFFY mod with collars on the fuel pump rod. Do a search for more info.

Ditto

NOt exactly. You dont do the BK mod, you do the TAFFY mod with collars on the fuel pump rod. Do a search for more info.

I tried looking for the taffy Mod cant seam to find any thing....please Link me for more info...or should I just work on getting a 426 carb? :thumbsup: