HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
motadvin

Help on a exhaust question!!!!!!!

8 posts in this topic

Can anyone help please, I have a road legal yz426f 2001 and it has a yoshimura full race system on it but it is too loud? firstly any ideas on how to quieten it down or is there a exhaust on the market I could replace it with to make it go through it's MOT again. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply but I come from England and we don't have many Harleys just lot's of people who do not appreciate a great sounding bike. :thumbsup:

I have jus tbought an akropavich titanium can for my wr450, and it wakes the dead!! I too, may have to quieten it down for use on the UK roads! Maybe an insert in the end or soem extra apcking. The Akra is rebuildable.

I've tried that using a machined stainless billet,drilled it and attached some cone shaped screen mesh(like a spark arrestor)behind that in the bore, and yes it does quiten it slightly but what I find is, it seems to blow alot of the packing out due to the back pressure I guess? :thumbsup:,

Is'nt the stock WR exhaust quite enough then as I was going to try and get one for my YZ thinking :awww: that this will quiten it down. :devil::lol:

Check with Yosh on the Tec-Kit insert it is a $40 baffle that will drop the sound levels and add a spark arestor. I am not sure which pipe you have but Yosh makes them for most of their late model stuff. From what the magazine adds say there is a 96db and a 93db insert in the kit.

Here is a link Yosh Dirt Exhaust