*** Utah riders, FIREBIRDS race Aug 14th ***

The firebirds race this Saturday starts at 7:30am. Since I don't want to get up before dawn and drive for 2 hours, I'll be camping overnight in the Firebirds pit area. A little evening pre-race riding, campfire, barbeque... Anybody interested? Chris, Danny, Steve, anyone who thought about racing but hasn't... Should be a fun race, see the race info at www.raceusra.com .

I would go, but I just don't like races that much. It is expensive for one (unemployed college student), and it is always dusty as heck. I might go if I can't get another ride going this weekend. Come on Eric, you know trail rides are more fun! Cheaper too. :devil: Anyway, good luck and be careful!

?

Nobody's racing this weekend??? Guess there's alot of chatting about souping up bikes and riding fast... Come on now let's put our bikes where are mouths are (or something like that).

No racing for me. Been there, done that and I promised the wife that

I wouldn't race when I got back into dirt bikes.

Hmm... :thinking:for a minute there, I thought I could hear the

sound of whipping. ?

Nobody's racing this weekend??? Guess there's alot of chatting about souping up bikes and riding fast... Come on now let's put our bikes where are mouths are (or something like that).

No racing for me. Been there, done that and I promised the wife that

I wouldn't race when I got back into dirt bikes.

Hmm... :thinking:for a minute there, I thought I could hear the

sound of whipping. :awww:

Yep, whipped you are. ?

Eric,

I was planning on doing the race but I have to work this weekend. :devil:

Monticello will be a great ride... ? how 'bout we start a club and organize some enduros? Why not? I'm sure we could get plenty of participation. You work with the forrest service. Any chance we could get permission to run an enduro through the mountains? AF not likely. Maybe Monticello area. 9 mile canyon. :devil:

Chris, Danny, Steve, anyone who thought about racing but hasn't...

Eric,

I'm offended you didn't think of me too. ? Maybe its because I have been virtually non-existent this year. I agree though, the summer isn't my favorite time to ride in the desert. Actually, no time is my favorite time to ride in the desert. I'm a mountain guy through and through. :devil: Always have been.

Doug

:awww: how 'bout we start a club and organize some enduros? Why not? I'm sure we could get plenty of participation. You work with the forrest service. Any chance we could get permission to run an enduro through the mountains? AF not likely. Maybe Monticello area. 9 mile canyon. ?

I am no expert in the process we would have to go through to get this done. What would have to be done is very time consuming and costly. Unless one of us is Wealthy and can hire a team of scientists to write an Environmental Impact Statement I am afraid that we are SOL. On top of that we would have to build temporary trails to connect existing trails for the event and rehabilitate them afterwards. Not an easy task. :devil: I am happy with some great long days of trail riding and a possible excursion to the Idaho 100 ( Boise Ridge Riders )or Colorado ( Rocy Mountain Enduro Circuit ) for an occasional event.

DSC00036%20(web)2.jpg