HAD FUN WITH HIS 650R

Go asimo.

"Cant we all just get along?". That quote is from the great Rodney King which I think is in prison now. IMPO which is worth practically nothing I think as long as the post is not on a person but rather a bike brand then why not let the insults fly?? Is the bike going to be offended??? If your skin is so thin that you get upset because someone calls your motorcycle a "TOOL" then maybe its time to get some help!! I love my XRR, I just sold my KTM, I piss alot of the KLR boys off when I tell them its the worlds worst offroad motorcycle but I always take the old timers advice of the truth hurts! :banghead:

I just wanted to stop by today and say HOW happy I am for NOT buying a Honda 650R. Instead I bought a KTM 625 SXC. The reason I say this is, I was out today and this guy riding a 650 pulled up beside me on a trail (2track) and wanted to race. So naturally I gave in to his wishes. We started off almost neck-in-neck 1st-2nd gear. That is when the KTM really showes off it's better HP. I roosted that guy all day. He was really impressed on how I could have a almost stock bike and he spent almost $2000 "uncorking" (to use a phrase of you honda owners) his bike and STILL he could not even keep up with the ol' KTM. So I just wanted to extend my thanks for buying up all of the 650's so I could get a KTM. :banghead:

LOL! Your great... Can I have your autograph?

LOL! Your great... Can I have your autograph?

Are you drunk? :banghead:

so if making fun of others bikes seems ok with everyone else, then why'd i get in trouble??????? i want my 2 points back, EDDIE!

After you rebuild your KTM two times in the next 5 years, you will fell even better! :banghead:

Are you drunk? :banghead:

No, my post was total sarcasm! The guy's an idiot!

I had a 96 KTM 620 Super Comp. That thing was fast as hell and when I first took out my XR650R I thought I messed up by switching.:banghead: I have since "un corked" my XR and it Kicks the hell out of my old KTM. :busted:

Nah.

asimo.jpg

That is SO great LMAO Did i hear someone talking about a SlowZuki?????

agree with the guy who said that he must have been afraid to twist the throttle have not been beaten much by any other bike

Alright guys help me out here! What do you guys do to uncork your bikes? I'm waiting for my 08 XR650L to be delivered and I want all the power I can get ahold of we do alot of hill climbing and don't want to run out of power half way up the hill!

First, the L model is not the R model. I have the L version, but secretly wish I ended up with the R. That being said, the R is a much different bike (engine, frame, transmission, etc) and more performance bike than the L. They both, however, can be uncorked. They are uncorked to release the power that has be throttled down as they come from the factory (probably due to meeting emission standards). Each version has its particular set of mods that can be done, just search around on the forum a little more. Simple mods include:

1.) removing excess weight of smog controls

2.) high air flow (remove snorkel & aftermarket filter)

3.) The infamous "Dave's Mods" for the L

4.) large flow aftermarket tail pipe

5.) others...

Nonetheless, the L will certainly get you up the hill wioth plenty of power stock.

Alright guys help me out here! What do you guys do to uncork your bikes? I'm waiting for my 08 XR650L to be delivered and I want all the power I can get ahold of we do alot of hill climbing and don't want to run out of power half way up the hill!

Baja, BAJA YOU RETARD. Have fun with your grapefruit you fuitcake.:banghead:

hey slackjaw, that ktm is a good lookin machine, i raced across a field against one with my 450 husky, smoked him pretty bad, he was bitchen later about all the roost i covered him with. my 650r will run rings around my husky as far as top end speed, so are you sure that guy you raced even knew you were racin!

I ride well at times, real well at other times on one of the days I was on my game during a big ride at Jawbone, (25 XR650R's and a few other bikes) I got the green light to open up my bike and fly on some two track. Gene who was leading the ride told those that wanted to push the limit to see if they could keep up. I took off and a handfull fallowed. It was a mix of steep desert, with big ruts, whoops, steep hills, sand, turns but, mainly two track. In the end I was sure I left everyone in the dust.... I looked back and there was no one to been seen as far as I could see......then I heard the engine to the right of me and sure enough there was the only KTM525 of the group. Sure we never got into anything we could break 70mph in, lots of turns, steep steep hills up and down with little ground in between. Anyone who has been to Jawbone knows it isn't open desert on the North side. I used a KTM at the 2005 Baja 250 for some pre-running and it couldn't compete with my bike once things opened up. The bike also wore me out in half the time the XR650R would. The KTM is a lot more fun in tight stuff and is just more fun for a short time. It is not as fast or does it have the grunt of the XR650R or a 680cc bike. My point is other then top speed or open desert the KTM will keep up with a XR650R just fine. I don't think he could have ever passed me at any time but, he did stay real close. I hate the linkless suspension of the KTM!

Husky TE510 vrs KTM 525? Husky TE510!

I live near Laughlin MR KTM and i would love to meet up with you we could find out what bike is faster Maybe you would run christmas tree pass with me?PM ME

I live near Laughlin MR KTM and i would love to meet up with you we could find out what bike is faster Maybe you would run christmas tree pass with me?PM ME

If he still has that bike, post is a few years old, you would have to make an appointment with him when hes "in between" valve jobs, major maintenance etc.... Then it will have to be on about the second sunday after completion as by then everything is seated but hasnt got out of adjustment again too badly yet. Oh and dont catch him on a carb adjust day.. which is about every third ride. Lets not forget all the other "fun" things KTM ownership means...

Been there, done that...with lots of high strung bikes in the 80's...

now days, I just ride my L...and ride.. and ride... and ride... :applause::):cry:

Ive been a fan of the 625sxc and have ridden one. I was going to buy one because they were a bargain when sold in the states. I believe 2004 was the last year they sold the sxc in the states. Also they went to the pumper carb on the 04 sxc. Lots of trouble adjusting the earlier carb. They are worse gas pig than the XR650R but a nice bike all the same. If anyone is thinking of getting one make sure it is the 2004 SXC. The pumper carb is way worth it.

I would think the bike you raced was geared down a bit for off road riding. Most of us off road riders gear our XR650Rs down because the stock gearing is too tall for most off road riding. That might explain why you out pulled him from 2nd gear on. My XR650 has a hard time dealing with a 525 past 2nd gear due to it being geared down for off road. That 6th gear of the KTM doesn't hurt either. In the states the 625SXC sold for a bit over $5400.00 and they could be dual sported from the showroom floor with ease. In 2004 they were the best bargain in a big bore dirt bike. You got a lot for the money.

As with all KTMs (I like KTMs, so I am not slamming them), they require more to maintain than the Honda.

I just wanted to stop by today and say HOW happy I am for NOT buying a Honda 650R. Instead I bought a KTM 625 SXC. The reason I say this is, I was out today and this guy riding a 650 pulled up beside me on a trail (2track) and wanted to race. So naturally I gave in to his wishes. We started off almost neck-in-neck 1st-2nd gear. That is when the KTM really showes off it's better HP. I roosted that guy all day. He was really impressed on how I could have a almost stock bike and he spent almost $2000 "uncorking" (to use a phrase of you honda owners) his bike and STILL he could not even keep up with the ol' KTM. So I just wanted to extend my thanks for buying up all of the 650's so I could get a KTM. :applause:

Let me extend my thanks for you not riding red. Real mature post by the way.

:applause:

ktmtow829.jpg

FYI Not My Photo!!