HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BULLDOG

Just returned from Bridgeport ride and fish.

8 posts in this topic

Just got back from 3 days of camping, riding and fishing in the bridgeport area with a buddy on a XR650. What a beautiful area to ride. Rode as high as 9500ft with not so much as a sputter. Fished streams with telescopic poles in backpack. rode and hiked into secret lakes. Miles and miles of trails near Bodie (ghost Town) mostly mining trails and abandoned mines. I strongly recommend to anyone looking for a change and an adventure. :)

------------------

It's your world, I just play in it!

'00WR, WB E-Series S-Bend w/7 discs, Stock header, GUTS high seat, Thumper Bar Risers, throttle stop trimmed, airbox cover removed. Stock jetting. 4500ft.

Sound like fun ! I thinking of going to mammoth mx in a couple weeks. were you on a street legal bike? I haven't been fishing in so long I am not even sure where my gear is at. work sucks !

marty

So - when are you going again? Do you offer trail guide service?

I'd love to get over that direction for some riding & I might have to try my hand at fishing.

Brian

Huge, you are brutal man! Give Brian a break for crying out loud. One tiny little mistake. Forgets bike brings dog....He will never live that one down, will he? :)

It's a great trip. Hope to be doing it again soon. I was on my dub-r. We trailered the bikes up and set up camp near Sumner Meadows. Stopped at the local Forestry station to see where we could and could not ride. They were very welcoming. They said we could ride anywhere there was dirt with the only exception being the Hoover Wilderness Area. I bought a $6 map at the station and went from there. Most of the dirt roads and trails are marked on the map. We rode mostly in the Toiyabe National Forest. If I went again, I would spend some time near Bodie on the mining trails. There also seems to be a lot of riding areas near Mammoth on the snowmobile trails. Another trip is waiting for me. :)