Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TampaBoy813

Will it make a differenceif I

10 posts in this topic

Ok as you all know I have a YZ426 Quad....Will it make a difference if the intake tube b4 the carb is a little longer?....I just need about an 1" or so...to clear the new Guset's on the frame...I hope it will work it sure would make things a lot easier...

thanxs for all your Info

-Paul :thumbsup:

it'll make virtually no difference at all. Between the carby and the inlet valve, well thats a different story....

it'll make virtually no difference at all. Between the carby and the inlet valve, well thats a different story....

huh? :thumbsup:

huh? :thumbsup:

He's talking about the boot between the engine and the carb. If you lengthen that one it will have an effect like a high rise intake on a car engine. Slowing down the response, decreasing bottom end torque, but usually increasing horsepower.

The boot going to the airbox doesn't affect anything. Mess with it at will.

I see alot of good advice coming from you. I usually even understand what you're trying to say too. :thumbsup::devil:

a longer boot between carb and cylinder will increase low end torque,throttle response will suffer slightly though,you should be al'ight :thumbsup: