HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wantmorepower

yz450 only for the race track?

6 posts in this topic

hey i was just curious if there is anyway the yz450 could be green sticker?are there any aftermarket exhaust pipes that makes it red or green sticker?

thanks

Any bikes manufactured after 2002 will get a red sticker unless the DMV goofs and send you a green...meaning you will be issued a red sticker for a 450. No exhausts will alter if you recieve red or green.

Any bikes manufactured after 2002 will get a red sticker unless the DMV goofs and send you a green...meaning you will be issued a red sticker for a 450. No exhausts will alter if you recieve red or green.

In California only.

I thought I read here on TT that DMV (in California) was giving in to the pressure of the misconception that 4 strokes were exempt from red stickers fearing lawsuits and that they had bumped up the existing law to allow bikes through 2003. I hate to be quoted on this one, but I own bikes in the 03 & 04 range and am pretty sure that was the latest poop on the subject.

I thought I read here on TT that DMV (in California) was giving in to the pressure of the misconception that 4 strokes were exempt from red stickers fearing lawsuits and that they had bumped up the existing law to allow bikes through 2003. I hate to be quoted on this one, but I own bikes in the 03 & 04 range and am pretty sure that was the latest poop on the subject.

Nope this is not true (even though it should be) Its so hard for me to belive that a bikes emissions can change from year to year bull sh** ,Its just another way are glorious state is screwing us around. I say that we get a group of bikes together ranging in years from 1990 to present and see the difference in the emission output I doubt there is much of a difference.By the way there is a way around this little problem you register your bike out of state and get a visiting sticker from dmv (but you didnt here that from me! :devil:) :thumbsup: