synthetic oil

I think the reason they say not to use synthetics until after your motor is broken in is that they lube so well it doesnt allow the motor to break in properly cause there is not enough friction for the metal parts to wear evenly against themselves, or somthing like that.

As far a oil goes, I have found my own custom blend that works nicely. I mix some cannola veg oil with lard and a little mink oil. Then I add a healthy dose of 50/50 pumice and kitty litter, just to kinda soak it all up and get it rubbed in really good. I like to add a little BLUE food coloring , cause riding around with blue lube is so damn cool. Only problems I have had so far are a little bit of a really bad scraping sound from inside the motor, and a small trail of really visible smoke from the exhaust. I think this stuff is really lubing really well. Also my coolant sometimes boils over into the over flow every 5 min or so. Its worth it though, cause with this special formulation, I dont have to change the oil so frequently any more. I did change it once though. A bunch of metal and aluminum shavings came out with the oil, but I think this is normal wear and tear.

Its worth it though, cause with this special formulation, I dont have to change the oil so frequently any more.

Yeah, I'd rather be doing engine changes rather than oil changes too. ?

Anyway... I hear only good things about Amsoil. I got some for my truck and I'll get some later for my moto. Thanks all! :devil::awww:

• 4 weeks later...

I use Mobil 1 5w-50w and haven't had any problems.

Mobil 1 makes motorcycle formulations that are more protective of bike engines than the auto version, and they don't cause clutch slippage, etc. The 4 stroke version they recommend is the MX-4T. (10-40w) I've used it.. seems to help cold starting and make shifting a bit smoother. I would guess that probably all the pure synthetic oils would do these things..