synthetic oil

Anyone run a synthetic oil? I am in Phoenix and ride in temps over 90 degrees and am considering a synthetic. Looking for any pros or cons. Thanks :thumbsup:

Look up Mobil One Red Cap. You can get it at Walmart

how does it effect the clutch? Negative or Positive?

I'm also using it and the clutch is fine. :thumbsup:

Do a search in the yamaha forums for red cap and you'll see hundreds using it.

RED CAP!

I'm using royal purple, I can definetly tell the difference between normal oil & the syntetic, I have not had any problems w/ clutch slipage or any failures. :thumbsup:

I run Motul 300V. A bit expensive, but it's good stuff. These babies run hard and hot on a small amount of oil.

I use rotella t synthetic, synthetic oils won't do a thing to your clutch unless they have moly in them moly is what makes your clutch slip :thumbsup:

Every oil has molly in it just depends on how much... I tried the Mobil one in an rc51 it has a wet clutch and is very sensitive too molly and it worked fine went away from it as it is car oil and maybe non foaming additives not in that product...

I'm using royal purple, I can definetly tell the difference between normal oil & the syntetic, I have not had any problems w/ clutch slipage or any failures. :thumbsup:

Curious.....which Royal purple on are you using?

Jay

I use rotella t synthetic,

I use Shell Rotella Synthetic as well!

When I first bought by WR450 the salesman told me not to use synthetic till after the break in period. I can't remeber how many miles he told me. Right now, she's got about 500+ on her. Is it safe for me to start running synthetic?

Go for it! :thumbsup:

Go for it! :thumbsup:

What do you guys think of Amsoil?

Can it be used in bikes? Do you use it in your cars/trucks?

What are some pros and cons?

Thanks All :thumbsup:

I run Motul 300V. A bit expensive, but it's good stuff. These babies run hard and hot on a small amount of oil.

Thats what I use too, don't no much about oils, other then their expensive. But seems to go alright, I change mine every 300 to 400 km's :thumbsup:

red cap, no slippage or overheating, +100deg.

I use Mobil 4T Racing oil. Expensive stuff, but so is the bike. Lots of people on the site use red cap mobil 1. Dunno much about it as we don't have that exact packaging here in AUS.

Amsoil is good stuff Desert Storm! I don't remember all of the specifics, but it allows you to run the oil for twice the suggested service life. My buddy sells it and he knows all of the details if you want them. I use it in all of my vehicles.