Frame guards

I want to put frame guards on an '86 XL600R. Parts unlimited has them listed for that year on an XR not an XL. Anyone know if that was the same frame back then. It wouldn't be the first time a part fit a bike not listed, happens with my streetbike all the time.

I have the Acerbis frame guards for an XR600 on my XR650L and they fit with just a touch of trimming.

Is it a skidplate that you want. My '86 XL600R has a small thin aluminum plate that comes stock with the bike. I too have thought about getting something a bit more substantial. There is a guy who does fabrication work (you should see the front of his 85 Toyota 4x4) that comes into my work. I will ask him about the possibility and cost when I see him.

Is it a skidplate that you want. My '86 XL600R has a small thin aluminum plate that comes stock with the bike. I too have thought about getting something a bit more substantial. There is a guy who does fabrication work (you should see the front of his 85 Toyota 4x4) that comes into my work. I will ask him about the possibility and cost when I see him.

Frame guards: Right and left side, cover exposed frame just above pegs from boot wear.