HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Malcom_Dunlevy

WR or YZ, which one?

2 posts in this topic

Pardon the cross post. Great website. I’m ready to swap out my old CR for a 4 stroke Yamaha and figured I’d bounce my thoughts off this knowledgeable group. I do mostly trail/hillclimbs, and some MX riding. The question is YZ or WR? I don’t plan on track riding, but I do want the MX power. I may add a light kit and a kickstand if I went with the YZ. I read what everyone does to the WR to try to get the power of the YZ and figure for my purposes, it might be better to start with the YZ. I don’t plan on making either bike street legal. Opinions? The last question, is newer better? Is there any particulars to this bike when buying used? Thanks for any/all advice.

try & get post y2k.

the wr is the way to go. all you gotta do is do the valve timing, get a little tank, change the pipe & the jetting to suit & you'll love it.

you can't really go wrong with either. but you can find the YZ short on gears but you won't find the WR short on anything.

Taffy