Buy new 04 yz450f ,or wait for 05?

Patiently waiting for the 05s to come in, but can pick up new 04 for 4900.00. Dont know what to do? Anybody have any thoughts on this? 05s are suppose to be a kinder, gentler bike with better suspension. Is it worth waiting for at a grand or so more???

i just bought a new 04 for around $5000. the major change will be in 06(maybe a new frame). i would rather have the extra cash to set the 04 up like i prefer and still have money left over. plus, i love the power of the 04, i even gear mine down for more hit. it is a proven and awesome bike. price was too good to pass up for me. where i am from they want too close to msrp for the new 05's, so it was a no-brainer. now, when the big-major changes are made i will upgrade.

Kinder? Gentler? Who wants that, it's an MX bike. Go with te 04. That way when the 06 with the alloy chassis comes out, you can buy that because you saved all the $$$ buying the 04! That's what I plan on doing anyway ?. I know I am going to want that alloy chassis.

Just sold my 01YZ426 and got a brand new 04YZ450 for $5000 out the door. The best deal I could find for 05YZ450 is $6500 OTD, so for the $1500 difference the '05 has:

-Renthal Bars ($65)

-CR-style brake line ($199)

-Bold New Graphics ($99 for your favorite after market)

-Smoother power, maybe ($100 DR.D flywheel)

-Better forks, maybe ($300 gold valve)

TOTAL = $765

So if you get the '04 and upgrade, still $700 saved.

Unless money is not an issue, get the '04. It is an awesome bike, no regrets.

• 2 weeks later...

Get the 04...the minor differences in the 05 dont justify its 1500 extra pricetag in my book. 5000 bucks out the door for a brand new bike is pretty good in my opinion!

Jeffro's post above is right on the money in my opinion. I have an 03 and don't see any reason to upgrade until the new aluminum frames come out and whatever other mods they might come up with.

can you please guide me where to go to buy a new 04 yz 450f for under $5300 in C.A. or N.V. Thanks

For you guys shopping in CA, I would highly recommend checking out LA Cycle http://www.lacyclesports.com/ ph. 310/677-0900. Just call them and ask for the out the door price. The web page has a fill out form and they’ll get back to you (forget that crap). Just call, they will give you the low ball number out the door, no BS “this is what you pay”, then beat up your other local shops with that price. Most shops hate hearing that they’re competing with LA Cycle and will tell you that they won’t even come close. I have done this with my last three bikes, see listed in my sig below. The Honda 85 is the only one that I actually bought there and it was the fastest and easiest purchase of all. 15-20 mins in and out. The other shops beat their price by $50-$100 but had attitudes like I was F’n them on the deal. To me, its who ever has the best price, I don’t want to get caught up in that bargaining crap. Just give me the OTD number and we can talk.

you should go and check into getting it at montclair yamaha. my friend also got an 04 for 5300otd. and that was 3 months ago. and they do have a couple 450s left. so it is very possible to get one for 5000otd.im goin down there tommorow so ill find out what kind of deal i could get on one and il report back tommorow.

I paid $5188 OTD 2 weeks ago at East Bay in Hayward(SF/Oakland area), it was advertised in the Cycletrader. They told me it was only through Thursday the 5th but you should call and see what they can do. The first week of their add they were $5000 OTD but I missed that by a week. They also sold the 4 CRF250s they had for something like $4700 OTD, they went the first day.