HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
asinine

Colorado jetting

5 posts in this topic

Does anybody have any high elevation jetting experience with a 450? I'm taking my '04 to Colorado next weekend (hopefully it will be about 40 degrees cooler than Arizona) and the guys I'm going with are saying that it will be 7000 - 12000 feet. The air box has been opened up and I have a Q on it. Currently I'm running a 168 main, 48 pj, and 4th slot from the top on the factory needle.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Jim

I'm running 38/160 2nd position at 5-10,000 ft. Not sure if it is different for the 450.

Hoss

You want to run 155 main, JD red #3, 45 pilot, 70 PAJ, 65 starter jet. at 80 degrees and 8,000 - 10,000 feet.

Soon as it cools down below 70 degrees run 160 main, JD red #4, 48 pilot, 72 starter jet.

Thanks for the information Indy and FTD. I'll keep an eye on the temp. next week and make a final decision then.

Jim

I have an 02 426 the with the JD kit. Would you recomend 155 for my bike as well???