2000 YZ 426 coolant leaking out under water pump cover

coolant is leaking from bottom of water pump cover. have not taken apart yet... any idea what it may be???? 2000 yz426

Ya, that is a weep hole that lets you know that your impeller shaft seal has gone bad.

coolant is leaking from bottom of water pump cover. have not taken apart yet... any idea what it may be???? 2000 yz426

Sounds to me like a leak at the water pump cover leaking coolant. Good thing you asked. I would take a look at the impeller as well change the o rings while your at it. :devil::thumbsup:

Thanks Guys, just orderd new seals and bearings. hope it is all that is wrong. :thumbsup:

mine was probably just oil seals (03 450 ...) but I changed my bearing too ... bearing actually looked good when I changed it...a 'bit of a pain to get to.

You will be good to go once you replace them, been there done that..... Nice heads up move to notice the leakage... :thumbsup:

:applause:just finished replacing both seals and the bearings, no problems. thanks for the info and all is well. now i just need more engine ice. :devil: thanks for the info all, it helped not going in blind. :thumbsup: