Utah riders -- Diamond Fork Burning!

Yikes! Woke up to smoke in the valley on Saturday morning only to find out that Diamond Fork canyon is on fire. 1781 acres burned so far and only 10% containment this morning. The fire is burning north of Highway 6 between Long Hollow and Sheep Creek, and south of Teat Mountain. Some of our favorite riding area may get burned up this week. Containment isn't expected for another week -- that's if conditions are favorable. Sorry to say it, but I think we can expect any trails caught in the fire to be closed for for this season and maybe all next year as well.

Yikes! Woke up to smoke in the valley on Saturday morning only to find out that Diamond Fork canyon is on fire. 1781 acres burned so far and only 10% containment this morning. The fire is burning north of Highway 6 between Long Hollow and Sheep Creek, and south of Teat Mountain. Some of our favorite riding area may get burned up this week. Containment isn't expected for another week -- that's if conditions are favorable. Sorry to say it, but I think we can expect any trails caught in the fire to be closed for for this season and maybe all next year as well.

I was wondering where all the smoke was coming from. Bummer...I guess that's what we have learn to expect living in the second driest state in the nation.

Don't give up hope. Heard containment may be soon with all of the rain. Also drove by there twice yesterday and there wasn't much fire activity. Just checked the fire situation report and the fire is now at least 75% contained and they expect full containment today. Since the fire is in Pinyon/Juniper trail clearing should not be an issue. Iexpect that we may be able to ride within a few weeks.