Anyone use Primary Drive sprockets?

They only cost $14.99 for the rear and $6.99 for the front. Thery are made of steel. Anyone use them?

Yes, I have used them. They are ok. The countershaft sprokets are as good as anything else.

For me, the Titax sprokets Rocky Mountain ATV sells are better. The prices are lower and the quality is higher. The rear sprokets are aluminum.

Steel rears last a very long time, even the inexpensive ones. The inexpensive ones are heavy, more of a big deal for the MX types than the off-road types. The high tech fancy ones (such as the Ironman, the Stealth, etc..) are much lighter.

As for the fronts, the only front that I have seen with any special claim to fame are the Ironman fronts. They are made from die steel instead of case hardened steel, and the die steel supposibly lasts longer. Long enough that they give them a one year wear warranty (free replacement if you wear them out in less than one year).

They are HEAVY but im willing to be you wont notice it...they do last darn near forever though...had 1 on my 426 that saw two chains in its time and it still looked like new.

They are HEAVY but im willing to be you wont notice it...they do last darn near forever though...had 1 on my 426 that saw two chains in its time and it still looked like new.

Could be why you went through so many chains. Your supposed to replace the gears and chain as a set.

Yeah, dealerships will tell you anything to get you to buy something huh?? If the sprocket is "like new" and not worn there is absolutly no reason to replace it. Two non o-ring chains in two years of HARD riding is pretty good in my book.

Yeah, dealerships will tell you anything to get you to buy something huh?? If the sprocket is "like new" and not worn there is absolutly no reason to replace it. Two non o-ring chains in two years of HARD riding is pretty good in my book.

Thats not pretty good, thats great! I was always told to replace both at the same time. But I stand corrected. I have had the same sprockets and chain for 4 years of hard rideing. I payed less then 100 bones for all of it too.

COme on Jeffro :devil: That is why everyone wants a 450...cuz of the weight JUST KIDDING I AM NOT TRYING TO FIRE YOU UP~! :awww::thumbsup:

It's better to replace them as aset, but they never wear all the same. If it ain't broke...save your money. Had primary drive sprockets and x ring chains from www. rockymountainmc.com, great, inexpensive, long lasting set up.