how fast will a stock geared yz 426 or 400 go

What is the top speed of a 400 or a 426 with stock gearing or the fastest you have had yours up to and what gearring you had :thumbsup:

I can assure you that no matter what ALOT of people will try to feed you...a STOCK YZ400/426/450 will not do a penny over 80 MPH...most are in the 74-76 MPH range...go up a tooth or two in the front and its a whole different story.

I have had mine up to 85 before and I know it had more rpm's to go :thumbsup:

Then i can assure you, its not stock!

Faster than this "middle aged" ex speedway racer cares to go!!!Gimme single track trails and I am one happy camper. Be safe!

my bike is 14 front 50 back :thumbsup:

but yours is a WR isnt it?? :thumbsup:

mine is a 426 supermoto using 15/40 on road pulls 100mph,

changed to 14/40 now pulls 95mph.

Stevie

Haha it seems like this post comes up at least once a week. The mods should make it a sticky item in this forum and say a stock geared YZ426 won't go faster than 80mph.....if yours is faster, you lie :thumbsup:

The mods should make it a sticky item in this forum and say a stock geared YZ426 won't go faster than 80mph.....if yours is faster, you lie :devil:

COMPLETLY AGREE!!! :awww::thumbsup:

Mine was going 92 today!!

(in the bed of my truck that is......) :devil::thumbsup:

I have a yz timmed wr with some pipe and carb mods :thumbsup:

Then that would explain your top speed...the WR has a wider gear box and 5th gear is taller...thus explaining your higher top speed! A stock WR might do 85...but probably not much more.