HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GreggT

Forks in triple clamps for moto

8 posts in this topic

I have an 03 YZ450F that I race desert with. Am running some somer motocross to get in shape. For desert I have the forks flush with the top of the triole clamp, where do you put them for moto?

I have the top of mine 5mm up from the top of the triple clamp. If you want to turn sharper raise them but the sharper turning comes at a cost; reduced high speed stability.

I run mine (on a 426) 4mm below the little "line" below the cap on the the fork tubes. I also run my rear wheel all the way back in the swingarm.

I run mine about 3/8 inch exposed above the top clamp no matter what the condition...seems to handle great and ive yet to have any high speed stability problems.

I drop the forks to get it to turn equal to or a little better than stock and the wheel all the way back makes it very stable. (not that it wasn't before or anything! LOL)

BTW...Fastest1....are you going to be at the GMB III ?????

The July 2004 issue of Dirt Bike recommends positioning the fork so that 8mm shows above the top clamp.

I haven't changed mine from stock flush yet but I probably will give it a shot.