HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
robman

first ride with fmf Q pipe

8 posts in this topic

It's big and quiet,it flatends the power curve. it has lots of bottom but losses some top end.it puts out real smooth power now and makes it easier to ride.there's not the burst of power like it used to be, it layes the power down a lot smoother than before. Don't get me wrong it's still a big bully,it's just not as abrupt.( i think thats how to spell it)

It's a lot queiter than an uncorked wr and still has a good sound to it.and the yz seat and tank makes a world of difference!

here's a picture of it,click on the picture to get a better image. www.home.earthlink.net/~rtsuggs

------------------

00 wr400f fmf Q pipe ,uni-flow filter,no lid on breather,factory R&D accelerator pump cover, pro-taper bars with gpr stabilizer ,acerbis pro rally hand guards, sdg seat and IMS yz tank.

[This message has been edited by robman (edited 06-10-2001).]

When you say it looses some on top, what are you comparing it to, the stock pipe uncorked? Have you done any jetting changes or tried YZ timming?

Tony,I'm comparing it to a stock wr pipe.

my jetting is 48 pilot 170 main and 2 1/4 turns out on fuel screw with wr timing.

------------------

00 wr400f fmf Q pipe ,uni-flow filter,no lid on breather,factory R&D accelerator pump cover, pro-taper bars with gpr stabilizer ,acerbis pro rally hand guards, sdg seat and IMS yz tank.

Thanks glenn,sunday was the first side with to seat and tank and also the pipe.I love the seat and tank it made the bike feel alot lighter and I can get a lot further up on the tank which makes it turn better.

the graphics kit is called one industries factory kit,it came with front and rear fender, shrouds,seat cover ( i didn't use ) number plate and graphics.

the pipe came from hiper sports $259.00.

------------------

update on fmf Q

drag race with a buddy that has the same year model wr but with a pro circuit pipe.

I'm geared one tooth smaller on front than he is,I jumped out front about two bike lengths and remained there thru all gears.

we raced three times and same results every time.you gota love quiet and fast!

------------------

Nice looking bike robman. How do you like the seat and tank combo? What graphics do you have on that thing? Are those white WR radiator scoops? What does a pipe like that cost?

Glenn

robman,

Is the petcock on that tank on the right side? If so is there any problem with fuel line routing?

Glenn