HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r_dawg1021

First ride into work today

7 posts in this topic

Today was my first ride into work on the street legal bike. It was pretty uneventful outside of the near tank slappers the bike gets into when I get over 60mph or so :thumbsup:

I need to do some adjusting of the pilot screw but outside of that it went without a hitch. The true test of the Baja Kit will be when I go home and try to use the magic button to start her up.

What exactly causes the tank slappers? I ride my father's old '85 XT350 and haven't had that problem, although I haven't taken it over 55MPH (on the street at least - I think I hit 70 on an old railroad bed, but couldn't really get a good look at the speedometer)

It was pretty uneventful outside of the near tank slappers the bike gets into when I get over 60mph or so...

Tank Slappers?? I've had my WR up past 90mph on the highway and it's S M O O T H....I'm running DOT tires though. :thumbsup:

That's most likely my problem. My tires arent in yet and I'm running on stockers. I'm getting my MT21's next week and until then I need to slow down.

Tank slappers are caused by the front of the bike getting lighter than the back and the back of the tries to come forward on you. The bike gets out of wack and all you can do is let it do its thing. Grabbing the bars will most likely result in a highside.

Ive run up to 75mph on the road with a 695 rear and 755 front on mine with no problem at all. Did 90.1 on a dry lake bed with a 756 rear and 755 front with no problems.

I ride to work almost everyday in the summer here in Colorado but its on an FZ1. Nothing like a ride home at the end of a long day to get rid of some stress :thumbsup:

That's most likely my problem. My tires arent in yet and I'm running on stockers. I'm getting my MT21's next week and until then I need to slow down.

Yeah be carfull. Normal off-road tires that are not for highway use dont even come close to stoping you in a skid. Try it you will see. It becomes like ice.

Yeah be carfull. Normal off-road tires that are not for highway use dont even come close to stoping you in a skid. Try it you will see. It becomes like ice.

I learned that one the first night I went for a ride around the block. I pulled a SuperMoto 'Back-in' right into my drive way. Controlled of course :thumbsup: