HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Canadanewbie

00 yzf426 rear shock problem

8 posts in this topic

My rear shock suddenly stopped getting full range of motion.Is this common? I still have movement but it is not nearly what it used to be. Could this just be the bearings or is it more serious?

Rod looks good ... It was suggested that maybe the Nitrogen needs recharge. I'm also checking all the linkage this weekend. I have the bike torn down to the subframe so far and nothing looks out of place but i haven't removed the shock yet.

lubing is critical - check the shock bushing - it is probably shot -

Nitrogen doesn't just leak out without major issue - may need a complete rebuild if that is the case - great chance to revalve if this is the case. Link for bushings:

http://www.pivotworks.com

Got the shock out it looks good. The swing arm seems to be the real problem. It has good motion from the primary link at the rear of the engine once the lower connecting rod is detached from the frame. Do the lower bearings wear out often? Should all the linkage be free moving? :thumbsup:

Depending on your riding conditions (My riding conditions are mainly mud in the northeast) I try to clean and lube them twice a year. It looks like they might live about two seasons with that maintance plan. They should be free moving.

Roger