HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GIX1

yz 450 jets

3 posts in this topic

Can everyone or anyone give me some main jet numbers that you have in your bike with a aftermarket exhaust on a 2004 yz 450f just experimenting. Thanks!!

Did they change much on the '04 vs the '03 carb??? I was thinking the only change was that throttle position sensor.... At any rate my '03 at 4000 - 5500 ft elevation (Roughly) I run stock main jet, I beleive 165, with a dual uni air filter. I have a fmf power bomb to fmf t4 titanium 14" pipe. I can tell by the plug I am a little rich... might be from riding when I get a little dirtier than expected air filter.... If I drop the main, to lean, if I drop the needle one clip I loose top end, I run great on a fresh filter, but still pop a little but I get the performance I like. I havent tried changing the pilot jet or air jet yet I am going to get the zip-ty fuel mixture screw today and see what I can get done with that... :thumbsup: