HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mr660

Pro taper clamps and bars???

4 posts in this topic

Any recommendations on clamp kits for the 650r for mounting up a set of pro tapers? I see on e-bay you can pick up a Pro taper clamp kit, bars and grips for $155.00 with shipping is this a good price? :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's a really good deal if the top clamp is a quality piece. The cheapest I've seen real ProTapers is about $75. BRP makes excellent clamps, which are about $159 with the bar mounts, and even cheap grips are $8 or $9. If you're thinking about a steering damper , I've seen kits advertized for around $450- $500 including everything. I know that sounds like a lot, but when you start adding up the prices of the individual pieces, it's a great deal. If you do any high-speed off-roading, the damper is worth its weight in gold.

The actual pro-taber adjustable tripple clamps are good stuff...you can move the entire bar assembly forward and back about 2 inches or so to suit your likings.

I thought I might like to install a stabilizer in the future, so I bought a Scotts upper triple clamp, along with a set of Pro-Tapers. When I really thought a stabilizer might work, the Scotts unit fit right on! Man what a difference a stabilizer can make! Everybody talks about getting rid of head shake(which my bike had)but the hi-speed damping does a great job of keeping the bars from getting ripped out of your hands when hitting those submerged roacks. :thumbsup: