HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
r_dawg1021

Zip-Ty hardware question: O-ring?

7 posts in this topic

I ordered the Zip-Ty because my pilot screw fell out while riding(Don't ask). Obviously that o-ring and other stuff went with it. My question is, do you need the o-ring and stuff to put the Zip-Ty in or is it simply as easy as screwing it in by itself? I already ordered another pilot screw from Yamaha cause that was the only way to get the o-rings.

I'm hoping I can throw the Zip-Ty in without the o-ring cause I'll have the Zip-Ty tomorrow but no o-ring until next Tuesday or so. As usual, thanks for any info :thumbsup:

NO! You need the O-ring and the spring. Might be a trip to the Yamaha dealer. These screws seem to back out on their own. You need something on the threads to stop that. Not Loctite!

Good to know. I guess I'll wait for everything to come in, someone would actually put locite on their fuel screw? Now that's funny :thumbsup:

Thanks for the quick response. Guess I'll be outta commission for another week or so. :devil:

Yes I have the O-ring, spring and dont forget the washer. :thumbsup: My Zip - Ty is also difficult to turn by hand you really have to squeeze it tight and twist it. :devil:

That sucks, I wonder if maybe your o-ring is bad or something? Once I get mine in I'll let you know if it's tough. From what I've read it sounds like it should be a simple twist. Apparently in practice that's not true for some...I guess either way it's way easier than the alternative way of adjusting it.

I know that Zip-TY had a bad batch of screws out there where the theads were cut to deep and they were easy to turn and thus they did not hold their position. This was over a year ago and If you call them up you may be able to get a new one in exchange. :thumbsup: