wr450

I am 6'1" 320 pounds and am getting a wr450 in november or december and am getting my suspension re done by a company called indepent suspension and set for 320 pounds for $1000.00 I am getting it set to do a lot of Desert racing and some mx and fmx. Is this a good deal? and anyone know any aftermarket parts for bikes cause i have been racing quads and i dont know anything about modding bikes? I am switching to bikes just cause quads are too much work, I have a modded 400ex i am keeping that for the winter but i like bikes more. I just need to know what parts seem to work the best, what ever puts out the horses. my first mod after my suspesion is gonna be a pipe and jet kit with filter. jjust dont know what pipe to get fmf or yoshimura or big gun or someone else? :awww::devil: and what other engine mods should i get?? and just out of curiousity what is teh top speed or the wr450? i am sure is has more than enough torque. :thumbsup::lol:

Springs and a revalve should run aroung $600.What is he doing for $1000? What year wr are you getting?

Welcome to TT :thumbsup:

they are doing the front and rear re valved re sprung and set to my weight, they are setting it up so i can do some big jumps 100++ feet dont know if that effects the price at all. So i am gettin ripped off then? just curious cause my friend owns the shop i am going through to get the suspension re done.

they are doing the front and rear re valved re sprung and set to my weight, they are setting it up so i can do some big jumps 100++ feet. So i am gettin ripped off then? just curious cause my friend owns the shop i am going through to getthe suspension re done.

It seems high to me. I'm a big guy also and the most i've spent is $650 and that was race tech who used their valves which added to the cost. Maybe they are using yz valves or aftermarket valves which is adding to the cost. :thumbsup:

If you're gettin an 04 or older wr i can hook you up on the springs. I have some .52 fronts and a 6.2 rear $100 shipped.

they are doing the front and rear re valved re sprung and set to my weight, they are setting it up so i can do some big jumps 100++ feet. So i am gettin ripped off then? just curious cause my friend owns the shop i am going through to getthe suspension re done.

It seems high to me. I'm a big guy also and the most i've spent is $650 and that was race tech who used their valves which added to the cost. Maybe they are using yz valves or aftermarket valves which is adding to the cost. :thumbsup:

If you're gettin an 04 or older wr i can hook you up on the springs. I have some .52 fronts and a 6.2 rear $100 shipped.

they are using aftermarket valves and everything, i guess thats why it costs more then. cheap as hell compared to my quad though. front suspension was $1200 and rear suspension was $900. quads are rediculously expensive and dont jump as high as bikes thats why i am getting the wr450.

oh yeah i am getting the 05 model