Changing gears without using the clutch?

Any opinions on whether or not this is a bad thing to do? I find myself changing gears quite often and leaving the clutch out of the equation. Don't want any premature damage to my gears ?

I'm definately not an expert in this matter...however I usually "feel" the bike's reaction to shifting with/without the use of the clutch. It seems that my '00 426F doesn't mind a little shifing sans-clutch. However if I tried that on my MAGNA... well... a completely different story. Heck... it's hard enough to shift that thing using the clutch... meanwhile back on topic. I think there are definately times when clutch use is prudent... there are also times where a quick click with your foot to change gears is fine. However... if something breaks while doing this... I will deny all knowledge! ?

I only ever use my clutch for 1st to 2nd changes. Or if I'm changing down from the higher gears when under very hard braking on bumpy ground, to try and prevent lockup. No damage gets done to the tranny with clutchless shifts IF you engage the gear properly.

how about holding pressure on the shifter and letting the bike shift itself? This does actually work but I usually don't do it on purpose! LOL HOWEVER...if you are hammering down a straight with the bike pinned and have upward pressure on the shifter, the bike will shift itself when it reaches a certain RPM. Funny thing is it shifts at the correct time! Like I said I don't regularly ride this way but on occasion I have done this (mostly by accident!). ?

Thanks for the answers folks (I guess I'll forget about replacing that clutch lever then ?). If Satch ain't using no clutch, then it sounds fine by me. I'll have to give the other trick a try - can't say I recall ever doing that.