HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RIP_Swe

Popping and banging through the exhaust.

8 posts in this topic

Hey i have a yzf400wr -00 .. And have YZF Exhaust Cam Timing..And i have put on a new WRP silencer .. My problem is when i go off trottle its popping and banging through the exhaust.Diden´t do this whit the stock silencer.. Anyone have any idea :thumbsup:.. Thanks ..

Did you install a new head pipe to muffler pipe gasket when you made the switch to the new muffler( 2 strokes use silencers)?? If the muffler seal leaks air it will backfire and pop like an old farm truck with 3 year old gas in it. :busted:Also the engine may now be running lean, adjust the pilot screw for more fuel and flip the ACV valve. Just my .02--WR Dave.

Yes i have a new gasket ... It´s a 4 stroke muffler ...i have tried the pilot screw .. Have to try the acv valve .. Tahnx

Hey i have a yzf400wr -00 .. And have YZF Exhaust Cam Timing..And i have put on a new WRP silencer .. My problem is when i go off trottle its popping and banging through the exhaust.Diden´t do this whit the stock silencer.. Anyone have any idea :thumbsup:.. Thanks ..

You put a free-flowing muffler on it and now the bottom is lean.

You put a free-flowing muffler on it and now the bottom is lean.

I vote for lean as well. But if you richen it up and it keeps popping, it's the gasket between the headpipe and the muffler. When my bike was brand new it was popping exactly like yours. I took some high temp RTV, pulled out the gasket, coated both sides with the RTV, and reinstalled. No more popping! (But my fingers were an orange-ish color for a couple days from the RTV.)

Rip, at any point did you go through the carb? Does the bike run better with the choke on?

Just curious..

Dan

Thanx guys ..U were right its was lean ... I have done ACV valve and move the needle one click ... Now the bike is more direct on trottle and no popping ... :devil::thumbsup: Thanx ..Henrik