'04 yz 450f stock front tire

I just bought my 450f for $5000.00 out the door. great deal. The stock front tire seems to slide in turns a little bit. Any comments on this tire. My riding partner says I need to change it.

i change the stock 739 tires as soon as i get the bike home. they are only good for extreme hard pack or rock. i live in southeast alabama and i run dunlop 773 front and rear.

do yourself a big favor...throw the stock tires (or atleast the front) in the garbage right away. They are brutal and can cause no end of pain, if left on. I always run the Michelin MH2, or MS2...usually H. Very durable and they stick nice of harder soil. I hear alot of good about some of the Dunlop tires, but so far I have stuck with Michelin. Good luck and enjoy.

Vet28

I just bought my 450f for $5000.00 out the door. great deal. The stock front tire seems to slide in turns a little bit. Any comments on this tire. My riding partner says I need to change it.

Was this for a 05? What is your terrain that you ride on ? I find the 739 is no good for the soil/dirt in the S.E. - on wet or mud they are just dangerous!Michelins MS2/MH2 or M12/S12 work wonders for me - Dunlops 752/773/756 work but wear out too fast -

I run the 742 up front with EXCELLENT results. Great all around tire.

The stock 739FA is, as was said, a hard surface tire with a limited ability to work very well in anything looser than medium-hard. The tire you choose to replace it with will depend on where and in what you ride. Dunlop's 742 is a hard to interemediate tire with pretty good versatily. The 756 is a very versatile intermediate. I run these two in SoCal most of the time. The 773 is a good soft to intermediate tire.

Rear sag adjustment and fork tube position can contribute to a push, too, as can the fork rebound settings.

I am partial to the Dunlop 756...sticks lick velcro! LOL The 739 is a guaranteed trip to the ER.....get rid of like a bad habit!