HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ROTROD

94 XR650 L camshafts...

2 posts in this topic

Hey there TT gang!!I'm a new member looking for some help.I just put in a new stock Honda cam with decompression on it in my bike.If I set the valves to spec on the compression stroke at TDC,the clearance is fine,but when you start it,the thing is noisy.I checked the exhaust valve and 360 degrees after the compression TDC,the exhaust rocker is very loose.I can't see anything wrong with the rockers,they all move freely,don't bind and aren't worn bad.I have no idea what to do.The Honda shop here doesn't know,go figure!Anyways,if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.Cheers!

Is it just the exhaust rocker that is loose, or is the intake rocker loose too. If so, it makes me think that the valve lash was set at overlap TDC, instead of compression stroke TDC. If that is the case, then all of the rockers will be very loose. Make sure your cam lobes are facing downward, when you adjust your lash. I hope that helps.