anyone put a stock yz tank on their wr

I just bought a stock yz tank for my 98Wr. Do I need to trim down the main fuel tube on the petcock so I don't have to switch over to reserve so early or should I just leave it. Thanks

WR-dude, I have the YZ tank on my WR, I dont really see any need to put the petcock on "on" I always run on reserve, when I run out I run out. I do think that the stock reserve tube is too long, I mean it'll run out of gas after about a gallon right? What's the point?

Dan

just leave the petcock alone.

------------------

'99 WZ/YR (you choose!) with ALL YZ mods, de-octopused, DSP Doug Henry airbox w/ velocity stack, FMF PowerBomb header, Stroker SX-1 silencer, SS front brake line, forked over by Pro-Action (and then fixed by me), OEM YZ tank, IMS YZ seat, carb mods by Jim Dean, Andy in OZ, & Sir "Taffy" from Jolly Old England, AMA, NESC, and I use MOBIL 1 Oil, with ZERO problems.

I'll have to agree with Kevin. When I switched tanks I had both petcocks. I put my WR in my YZ tank because I usually ride trails and like to know when I need gas. It doesn't hurt to leave it alone and you just never know when it might come in handy.

------------------

2001 YR 426, YZ# Plate, YZ Fender, YZ pipe, YZ Tank, SDG YZ Seat, 13/50 Gearing, Pro-Taper Bars, TAG Triple Clamp, Moose Handguards, Maier Frameguards, Throttle Stop Trimmed, Air Box Lid Removed