Looking for some input on the YZF 450

I just dumped my Smoker and plan on getting a new YZF450 Stroker.

Anyone know of a dealing or wholesaler near California giving bulk rates on bikes? Myself and a few of my buddies looking to buy 3 bikes total, 2 2003 YZ 250, 1 2003 YZF 450.

Thanks

I'm guessing here but I would say that Chapparal will charge you $7500 OTD for the YZF450. That's the price (no pun intended) for living in California.

Originally posted by westladog:

I'm guessing here but I would say that Chapparal will charge you $7500 OTD for the YZF450. That's the price (no pun intended) for living in California.

That's a rip-off, plain and simple... *sigh*

I do feel sorry for someone having to pay that much....too bad everyone can't put the proverbial foot down and say "we are NOT paying over retail". I would have bought out of state, etc. before I would let a dealer screw me like that.

therapture, its called market price. You get what the people will pay.

As far as getting a deal on the 450 YZ, good luck. I heard that 80% of the planned production line is already sold. Its gonna be a while before the new yamathumper gets cheap.

yamaha is trying to get production up to a level where they can build wr/yzf's all year round,,,currently they build em in one go and thats all you get

I would not pay over retail for any motorcycle. I would call around and find a dealer that is not taking advantage of the situation, but it is like Shawn Mc said, most of the 450's are already spoken for. The dealer I worked for this summer has deposits on the first 3 he is getting. I'm getting the first one. Now, if it would just get here.

I would wait to see if there is any problems w/them(probley not) and I would rather get the 2004 then if there were no changes by 2004 I would get a leftover 2003, and if not any just get the 2004.

cALL THE GUYS AT HOLLYWOOD MOTORCYCLES IN HOLLYWOOD CA, ON HIGHLAND AVE.

ASK FOR ERIC AND YOU WILL GET A GOOD DEAL.

GO IN AND TELL HIM SCOTT SENT YOU HIS WAY..HES A BUDDY AND CAN GET GOOD DEALS.

DRIVE A HARD BARGAIN AS WELL