HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mikeolichney

Another Crested Butte CO trip

12 posts in this topic

We did a three day trip to CB this past weekend, had 8 thumpers there, several from TT. The trip worked out so well that I am going to do another at the end of September. Here is some info:

THE PAST TRIP: We bagged several high peaks and rode lots of fast singletrack the first day, 68 miles long. The second day was tougher, steep singletrack, 42 miles long. Then we rode two-track over to Marble through the Devils punchbowl for a easy 3rd day of 63 miles.

PRICES AND ROOMS: Same deal for September, $60/per room single occupancy of three nights. If you bring your wife/girlfriend its $70 for double occupancy. Most of the rooms are queen beds with a full private bath. There isnt really space to have two guys in a room with a queen bed. If that $60 price is too steep PM or call me about another option. I am also trying to keep the size managable so consider it one rider per room. If you want to bring wife/kids that ride, I have master suites (a king and a sleep sofa that rents for $100). Check my "web link" above for details on the house.

OTHER INFO: Someone pointed out to me that I need to make something clear. This deal is run on the massage parlor model. (You know, a guy goes in and pays $100 for the massage, and if something happnes after, because he was paying for the massage ONLY, its not prostitution). You are paying for the LODGING, not a guided trip. I don't have the insurance, forest service permits or business liscences to run a guided trip. If you want to ride with me thats fine, but you are free to do your own thing. If you crash and hurt yourself I am in no way responsible.

I think the last guys had alot of fun, hopefully some of them will post on what they thought and how I might improve things.

You can call me at 303-548-0488 if you want to talk to me. First come, first served.

Hey Mike,

I'm interested, but I'm not sure how my shoulder status will be at the end of Sept.

Bummed I missed the last one. :)

Tim

Cool, Hokie, hope you can make it. As to dates, it will probably be the weekend of the 28th, TH-FR-SA or FR-SA-SU nights. As to canping, you are on your own.

Mike, that was an awesome trip. Well worth the drive from Phoenix. The lodge was VERY nice and the price was cheap. The riding was spectacular. :D

I won't be able to make the September trip, but I hope you will make this a regular offering. I'll definitely come see you again next year.

I can't think of any improvements, but I like your idea of having some "massage parlor models" around. (j/k) :D

Seriously, Mike did a good job of "letting us know" the good places to ride. Just the right amount of challenge and we had a good group of guys. I hope to hook up with all you guys again sometime.

I would highly recommend this trip. :)

NeWRiver, thanks for the review. It was great riding with you. BTW, has Ben got any Pics back to post?

OK, the trip is full except I have 1 master suite left for $100. The lodging is for three nights, starting Sept 26. Here is a confirmation of who is coming:

1 bedroom under Eric R, 2 adults

1 bedroom under Mike F, 2 adults

1 master bedroom under Jeff B, 2 adults, 3 kids

2 bedrooms under Jeff T, 2 adults

3 bedrooms under Bob F, ? adults

If you sent me a check but your name is not up there, call me ASAP because I didn't get it.

So far no real snow, bad for skiers but good for riding. Bring warm gear in case.

do you know the names of the trails you guys rode??? i use to live in cb but did not have a dirt bike, just one of those damn pedal bikes! there is so much good riding there it is ridiculous!!! It did snow there yesterday but my buddy said it is melting already. may have to meet you guys down there?

Trail names: Block and Tackle, 400, 405, 409.5, pearl pass road, deadmans gulch, paradise divide, devils punchbowl, etc. Let us know if you want to meet us.

those are good ones!! I will definately try and meet you guys down there. I have a place to stay down there so no worries!! I just need to get a spark arrestor, i guess the forest service has been handing out tickets down there. I usually ride track so i have been putting it off. I was going to get the pro-moto billet but was leary of drilling out the rivets and retapping? Any suggestions on cheaper alternatives than a new pipe? You are not kidding about bringing warm clothes it will be down in the 30's at night by the end of september

Originally posted by thumpin426:

those are good ones!! I will definately try and meet you guys down there. I have a place to stay down there so no worries!! I just need to get a spark arrestor, i guess the forest service has been handing out tickets down there. I usually ride track so i have been putting it off. I was going to get the pro-moto billet but was leary of drilling out the rivets and retapping? Any suggestions on cheaper alternatives than a new pipe? You are not kidding about bringing warm clothes it will be down in the 30's at night by the end of september

The PMB arrestor is cake to install, even the tapping is easy. You can rivet it in with a pop rivet gun if you don't want to tap it though. Just some FYI!

Bummed I missed this trip too, the doc said no riding for 3 more weeks. Have a blast!

OK, the trip is full. The lodging is for three nights, starting Sept 26. Here is a confirmation of who is coming:

1 bedroom under Eric R, 2 adults

1 bedroom under Mike F, 2 adults

1 bedroom under Mike P, 2 adults

1 master bedroom under Jeff B, 2 adults, 3 kids

2 bedrooms under Jeff T, 2 adults

2 bd, 1 MB under Bob F, 4-6 adults

If you sent me a check but your name is not up there, call me ASAP because I didn't get it.

There was some snow but its seems to be melting. If we do get a miracle snowstorm we will head down to Hartmanns Rocks in Gunnison to ride high desert singletrack stuff. Its less than an hour away.