How much for an early 90's xr 600

I have been into motocross for my whole life but I am kind of bored with it so I am thinking of getting one of these. To do some trail riding. I hear we have some pretty good trails in my area. So how much should I expect to pay for a good 600?

I'd say no more than $2500 in good shape. Get an 91 or newer and you get the rear disc. Look for stock with a pipe maybe. There are those 628 and 640 kits out there on a lot of older 600's. A dual sported one is good too, should you ever want to that type of riding one day. :thumbsup:

Thanks allot. It's nice to have an idea of what to look for. :thumbsup:

I've seen 650's for $3500. I had an 89 600 and I would go with the 650 IMO.

Yeah, I have seen a really nice XR650 go for 3000 bucks. I have an XR600R in great shape, but want the 650 so bad I can taste it !!! If you spending anywhere near that kind of money get the 650...

Yeah, I have seen a really nice XR650 go for 3000 bucks. I have an XR600R in great shape, but want the 650 so bad I can taste it !!! If you spending anywhere near that kind of money get the 650...

check your pm please

Ed

I bought my '94 XR600 a year ago for $1700 and have done nothing but change the oil and routine maintenance. I have spent another few hundred on White Bros. E-series exhaust, handguards, skid plate etc. This bike has been nothing but absolutely reliable and a blast to ride. I ran a Hare Scramble this morning and had a great time tossing that bike through the 8-mile woods loop here in GA.

check your pm please

Ed

Hey thanks allot for the pms and all of the help :devil::lol: You guys are great. I think I am leaning toward a 400 for the tight trails. I hope this is not the wrong place to say that :awww: It sounds like I can get somthing pretty nice for under 3k. :thumbsup: