Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
83xlr600

83 xlr 600 stalling problems

3 posts in this topic

hi there

i have a stock 83 xlr600 and it seems to stall or die everytime it leans over on a certain angle which makes riding dificult on steep angled turns i was wondering if anyone knew wat the problem may be as it is quite annoying any help would be greatly appreciated it starts and runs perfectly so is a complete mystery thanks for the help

Casey Lyons

'83 XLR600

'79 xr185

'79 xls250

hi there

i have a stock 83 xlr600 and it seems to stall or die everytime it leans over on a certain angle

It you might wanna check the plug, once is stalls. If it's completely black or wet when this happens, it might be a carb problem: gets flooded. Check your plug as well when its running normally, see if there is any difference. Is woul reccomend to pull the carb apart, and give it a goor clean up. If that isn't helping you might wanna see if there's some short circuit in your electrical system,(wire make's contact with frame or engine when leaning to one side

good luck!

thanks for the help ill check it out tomorrow as it is at work but so far ive narrowed it down to the manual decompressor which binds some times when u turn left which is when it stalls which could be the problem otherwise ill check evrything else thanks

Casey Lyons