what a set of &%*# on her!!!!

WHich works best? Depends what you want to do with them...Just look at them-fully synthetic (but what fun is just looking). For functionality, gotta go with semi, or all natural...

I wonder this question could pertain to engine oil as well??? ?

Originally posted by ltrosson:

Okay E.G.O. since you are the man here is why, have been using yamalube, have to drive an hour and half to get, stores say it is on back order, I can get bel ray locally, what do you think????

Ignore him. Buy Mobil 1, but only get the 15-50. Other weights have the EC (Energy Conserving, not Absorbing) designation which will allegedly lead to clutch slippage.

I probably have 300 hours of use on two YZFs w/ Mobil 1 and no clutch or other problems.

What I think Dont matter, its what you want to use.

Synth's are good oils dont get me wrong, I think that for the price you pay for Synth's and the amount of time it stays in the bike is not worth the money.

I use Castrol Act>Evo 20-50 it is a mineral based oil for thumpers or race replica bikes. They have a 10-40 Synth Blend it is a few bucks more. I am having good luck with the 20-50.

If you shop you can pick it up at chapperal for 11.95 a liter not a bad deal, ya get about 4 good oil changes..You can get rocky mountain @ http://www.rockymountainmc.com to ship it ...

Here is the Castrol Site

http://www.castrolusa.com/products/productpage.asp?product_id=29&product_category=5

Im just a castrol fan, been using Castrol for years in my Road Racers, Dirt Trackers and Mountain Bikes, Never Failed me. Even in all my cars

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

Ignore Hick he is just a jealous ol liberal

I once new a Hickster

He Lived in El Paso

He Fell Inlove wit a Mesican Gurl

EYYYYY -- YIIIIII_ Yiiippppie EY-Yaaaaaaa

He Fell In Looove Wit a Mesican Gurl

? Yee-Haaaa

[ August 12, 2002: Message edited by: E.G.O.**** ]

Originally posted by E.G.O.****:

Ignore Hick he is just a jealous ol liberal

I once new a Hickster

He Lived in El Paso

He Fell Inlove wit a Mesican Gurl

Mexican girls, typically, do not like gabachos like me, so I try to avoid falling in love with them.

And, I am as conservative as they come. Well, almost. I’m a redneck Hick, which should count for something. I own many firearms and used to belong to the NRA. I have a business degree. I think Hillary is a tool.

Therefore I must be a conservative.

Hope this helps.

I use Amsoil motorcycle specific fully synthetic 10w40. They also make a 20w50. They have just come out with a 0w50 (I think that's the weight) that I saw in an advertisement w/ Mike Larocco.

Amsoil makes very high quality oils. I am glad to see them getting involved in the MX game. They have been in snowmobiles for years. (we have a lot of those in south east TX)

You won't go wrong using Amsoil, but all high quality synthetics will be good, unless they aren't wet clutch friendly oils.

I use Silkolene semi-synthetic because my dealer stocks it not because I know anything.

I do notice better shifting when I go to semi-synthetic.

Full synthetic is lotsa money.

Besides the only peace I get in my house is when I'm in the garage. I couldn't bring myself to dump 20 bucks worth of oil.