CRF450X

one of them was saying the the extra weight is gonna keep him from turning around on a tight trail.

A lighter bike would have been nice, but yeesh, all he has to do is grab a handful of front brake to bring the back end up (like a stoppie) and swing the back around (pivoting on the front tire), then twist the wrist and hold on :thumbsup:

btw: did you hear all the &%$#@! on the crf forum bitchin about the weight. jezus christ. one of them was saying the the extra weight is gonna keep him from turning around on a tight trail. squids...

:thumbsup::lol::D

The new 450x is 25lbs lighter, has electric start, USD forks, and close to the same HP as the BRP. Sounds like a pretty good bike to me. :devil:

Same reliability as the BRP? :awww:

There is not a trail I won't take my BRP down(although I have not ridden with TORTURE yet). This new bike should be even easier to ride.

There is not a trail I won't take my BRP down(although I have not ridden with TORTURE yet). This new bike should be even easier to ride.

i wonder if anyone has taken a 650r through "five miles of hell..."

anybody know?

i've never ridden it, never seen it, but am going there this winter. everyone makes such a big deal about that trail...i'm not taking the 650r but i'd be inclined to try it on the 650r after i rode it once with smaller bike just to see if it's as big of a deal as everyone makes out.

just sounds to me like it would be the same as crawling around on the rock piles out at cougar buttes all day...

Same reliability as the BRP? :thumbsup:

i'm kinda wondering the same thing... i don't think all that extra weight is coming just from the starter. i'm sure honda could engineer a starter that is somewhat reasonable weightwise.

i'm kind wondering if they overbuilt some of the exposed engine parts... wondering if some of the other parts of the bike have been overbuilt...

i take an overbuilt bike over a light bike anyday.

the drz is just a heavy bike

the xr650r is "overbuilt"

there's a big difference between being heavy because of being overbuilt and being heavy just for the sake of being heavy.

based on experience, i fully give honda the bene of the doubt, in that any additional weight that the goonriders on the other forum are bitchin about is fully justified.

i've never ridden it, never seen it, but am going there this winter. everyone makes such a big deal about that trail...

My buddy just moved to Utah this year. I plan on visiting him when it cools down a bit. I planned on riding my BRP at "Five miles of Hell". :thumbsup:

"Five Mile of Hell"

Qadsan,

I have been hearing the same rumor about Honda coming out with a CRF600X. I have also heard that Honda wishes to totally phase out production of the XR line, which will be a sad day if that happens.

Jeff